Ziggo supplies digital TV, radio, internet and telephony by cable in The Netherlands. The company operates in a very turbulent market in which business analysis and quality of requirements are very important for rapid launches of new products and services. That requires a uniform working method that dovetails with the project approach used by Ziggo.
Devoteam developed a successful customised ‘Next Level Requirements Training’ for the Ziggo employees involved.
Devoteam started the training with a thorough assessment of the business analysis processes and working methods used at Ziggo. As a result of this assessment, not only the business analysts themselves, but also other staff such as project managers, business managers and testers were involved in the training. That was necessary to create a shared vision of business analysis within Ziggo and to underline the importance of requirements across the whole company. On the basis of the internationally recognised BCS business analysis trainings, Devoteam then developed a customised training process for Ziggo, focusing attention on the different target groups, processes and working methods within Ziggo.
Dynamic approach, good results
With its dynamic approach, the Devoteam helped to ensure that:
- All those involved in the project at Ziggo had the same view of the role of business analysis within the Ziggo project approach;
- The business analysts at Ziggo are able to focus on the agreed tasks and responsibilities within the projects, with expectations now also being clear to the other parties involved in the project.
- Communications between all parties involved in the projects have been further improved;
- The business analysts have been able to further deepen and broaden their subject knowledge thanks to the ‘BCS Requirements Engineering’ training. This is a supplementary training which Devoteam offers in the Dutch market jointly with AssistKD;
- The focus on requirements management and assurance within Ziggo continues to increase.
To sum up, Devoteam has harmonised business analysis and requirements drafting at Ziggo. As a result, processes are now more streamlined and time to market has actually been shortened.